This website is solely owned and maintained by Amenities.
Use of information
Through this website, Amenities provides you with access to a variety of health & technology information and resources, including healthcare content, news, contact information, interactive healthcare tools and other general information (together “Services”). This Website and the Services, including any updates, enhancements and new features, are subject to these terms.
Personal and non-commercial use of limitation
You may view and download material on the Website solely for your own personal and non-commercial use. You must keep all copyright and other proprietary notices on any copies of the material you use from this Website. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information or services obtained from the Services.
Certain activities are prohibited on this Website, with the Services, and on the network and servers supporting this Website (the “Network”). Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to, using the Services, Network, or Website in such a manner as to damage, destruct, impair in any way, disable, overburden, or introduce computer viruses to the Website, attempting to access restricted areas of the Website through any means, using slanderous or profane language in any areas involving communications of the Website, or interfering with the use of this Website by another party.
We reserve the right to terminate or deny access to you if you engage in any prohibited activity.
No links to other Websites or references to third parties are intended to be endorsements of a third party’s products or services.
No practice of medicine
This Website is not engaged in the practice of medicine. Any information and advice on the Website is given on a generalized, generic basis, and is not specific to any individual patient’s condition. Use of this Website is helpful in making you informed about healthcare issues, and use of this site does not create a care provider-patient relationship. Online health services and health information cannot replace a health professional-patient relationship, and you should always consult with a professional for diagnosis and treatment of any specific health problems. You should not disregard any advice or treatment from your health professional based on your interpretation of what you may read on this Website.
Amenities and/or its respective suppliers make no representations about the suitability of the information contained in the information and related graphics published as part of the Services for any purpose. All Such information and related graphics are provided “As Is” without warranty of any kind. Amenities and/or its respective suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, including all warranties and conditions of merchantability, whether express, implied or statutory, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no event shall Amenity Health and/or its respective suppliers be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information available from the Services.
Notice of Non Discrimination
Amenities complies with applicable civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or otherwise treat individuals differently on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
We offer registration for certain programs, events, and classes that may request personal information. In order to register you may be requested to complete certain information, such as name, telephone number and email address. In addition, you may be asked during registration to tell us about health topics that you are interested in.
We may use your registration information to send you an email confirming your registration with our site, to respond to questions from you, or to notify you if there is a problem with any registrations placed. We may also, from time to time, send emails, with your permission, on special promotions or newsletters we think may be of interest to you.
Upon registering any of your information, please keep all of your information confidential and in a secure place. You will be responsible and liable for any and all activities that occur under your account.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively, “Trademarks”) displayed on this site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Amenities and other Third Party content providers in the U.S. and/or other countries. No Trademark displayed on this site may be used without written permission of the owner of such Trademarks. Misuse of these Trademarks, or any other content on this site, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Amenities will enforce its intellectual property rights. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, post, retransmit, or distribute in any way any of the information contained in this site without prior written consent of Amenities. Unless otherwise noted, everything that you see or read on this site is copyrighted.
Copyright 2022, Amenities, 317 N Montclair Ave Dallas, TX 75208. All rights reserved.
As a user of this application, you take on certain risks and responsibilities. You also have the right to know how we protect your privacy and confidentiality and what you should expect from us. Health Systems, Amenities, and our third party vendors are responsible for the editorial content, products and services offered in this application.
Your privacy is important to us. The information you provide in this application is protected by federal laws. To learn more about how your rights to privacy are being protected, please contact the Customer Service Department.
Your Role, Responsibilities, and Risks
- You need to be an informed user of this application. Please read all our policies and the relevant notices of privacy practices in full so you know how our application works and how you will interact with the application.
- Understand how we collect data and how it is used. It is our goal to protect your personal information from misuse. We may, however, offer programs that collect data for special reasons, such as research, scientific studies, and statistics, in which case you may be interested in participating with consent.
- While you have the option to message your provider, access your health record, and engage in digital care treatment options, please be aware that use of this application, its services, programs, and the health information on it cannot replace nor is it intended to serve as a healthcare provider-patient relationship. You must always consult with a professional for diagnosis and treatment for specific health problems.
What You Should Expect
- We will strive to maintain your privacy, confidentiality, and security at all times. It is our goal to ensure your trust and confidence by providing you with as much information as we can about data collection procedures and information when needed.
- We will not intentionally use any personal health information without your permission. We do use non-personal health information which we aggregate for research purposes and to improve usability of this application. We will notify you accordingly of all data collection practices by posting such practices on this application.
- It is our goal to make you aware when you leave our site for another, either by telling you in writing or by another technical mechanism.
- We will not show you health information content, sponsored programs, or services that we know to contain false or misleading information or that we know promote ineffective or dangerous products.
Our Security Measures
We want your personal information to remain as secure as possible. We use encryption practices to help protect the integrity and privacy of the personal information and/or personal health information you provide to us. As an added security precaution, all personal information and/or personal health information are kept on servers with firewalls that meet or exceed industry standards to prevent intruders from gaining access. Although we make every reasonable effort to protect personal information and personal health information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information via the Internet and that hackers or thieves do find ways to thwart security systems.
Your Personal Information
The Limited Ways We Use Your Information
We do not sell or license your information. These are the limited ways we interact with your information in connection with our application:
- We may use your location data to notify front desk staff when you arrive for an appointment or to suggest healthcare providers that are near you. We will not store your location data.
- We may use your camera to take new photos or to capture and transmit video for video visits. You choose if you want to use photos to personalize your account or send them as file attachments when you send messages to your healthcare providers.
- We may use your microphone to capture audio for video visits. We will not store your audio data.
- We may access your device’s storage to read and write media (audio, photos, and video) you choose to use in the application. These audio, photos and video may be used as attachments that are sent to your provider or they may be created from attachments sent to you from your provider.
- We may access your device’s Bluetooth to detect when you arrive at some locations for an appointment. This information will be used to notify front desk staff to begin the check-in process. We will not retain any information about your presence in the facility after your appointment has concluded.
- We may use your phone to call phone numbers displayed in the application. We will not store your call history or other call data.
- We may access your phone WiFi state to ensure that you are connected when registering. We will not store your WiFi state.
- We may access your calendar to allow you to save appointments. We will not read or store any information from your calendar.
- We allow you to access COVID-19 related vaccination information, laboratory test results, and documents with illness-related information using our application. You may choose if or how you want to access, or use the information just like you can make those decisions about health information relating to other conditions, services, tests or vaccinations.
Personal Health Information
When this information is combined with any information on your health or medical status, we refer to this information as “personal health information.” We often collect information on application use that has nothing to do with you as an individual, only as an anonymous user of the application. We call this information “aggregate information” and use it for purposes such as improving the usability, quality, and functionality of the application. We intend to use the personal information, personal health information, and aggregate information only for the purposes for which it was provided.
Some personal information and personal health information is needed to use this application to provide customized reports and information to help you manage your health, and we ask that you provide it with the knowledge that it will be used to enhance your experience. This information is kept confidential. We do offer special data collection programs that you can “opt-in” to use, including receiving emails on health topics or participating in new services.
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
When you use provider and facility look-up services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use GPS to determine location and provide content based on your geographical location.
Unique application numbers
Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to us when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Who Collects the Data
Health Systems & Amenities, independently and through third party partners, collects information in different sections of this application. Health Systems collect most of the data via registration and for specific contact emails. Health Systems are interested in your information for the purposes of operating the application more efficiently, providing you with more efficient and reliable functionality, and for answering your questions and concerns.
Where Information Is Collected
We collect information about you at several places throughout the application. You will be informed on how this information is collected at that time. You will also have the ability to opt-in to information collection when you enter the application or use a service. Most information is collected in the following instances:
In order to have access to many of the services and content available on our application, you may be required to complete a registration form that requests certain information, such as name, date of birth, telephone number, social security number, and email address. We may offer specialized registration for certain programs, and services that may request some or all of the above information.
We may use your registration information to send you an email confirming your registration with our application, to respond to questions from you, or to notify you if there is a problem with any order for goods or services that you placed. We may also, from time to time, send emails, with your permission, on special promotions or newsletters we think may be of interest to you. Once you have opted in, we may send info to you. For example, if you opt in we may send information regarding your specific health condition.
Healthcare Professional Directory
Our health care professional directory may ask you for information on your geographic location or zip code in order to identify listed professionals in your area.
When scheduling an appointment with a new or existing provider, we may ask you for details regarding the reason for scheduling.
When requesting or granting access to a friend or family member’s medical information, we may ask you for information that confirms your relationship with that individual.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We continually seek new ways to maintain your trust as a user and improve our offerings. To provide new and better services, we monitor user traffic patterns and try to analyze what our users like and do not like about our current offerings so we can design better services for you. We may also use certain information for testing purposes, application development and planning, and during the normal course of maintaining the application. When you use our application, you automatically allow us to collect this information related to these uses. In these cases, researchers, business analysts, system designers, and others may have access to the data we collect.
We do not intend to use or disclose any personal information or personal health information you provide on our application to an unrelated third party without your express permission, except as explained in this section.
You should know that there are circumstances when, in the ordinary course of business, we will share some information about you with a related third party:
- As stated elsewhere, we may also share aggregate statistical information on our users, sales, traffic patterns and site usage with our business affiliates and sponsors. There is nothing in this information that could be used to identify or contact you.
- We require vendors to provide specific services, such as data analysis, data storage, email processing, customer service, sweepstakes or special promotions. We require vendors to adhere to our confidentiality standards and do not permit a vendor to use our customer information for any other purpose. In many of these instances, you will be given the opportunity to opt-in to this collection of information and can opt-out at any time.
- We may share registration data with business affiliates.
- In certain limited circumstances, we may be legally compelled to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. In the event that we are compelled to disclose personal information and/or personal health information to a third party, we will notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order. We also reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting users that violate our rules or engage in behavior that is harmful (or illegal) to other users.
Our Relationship with Third Parties
Linked and Affiliated Sites
Epic is the primary electronic health record used by a Health System. A module within the Epic application is MyChart, which serves as an interface for patients to view their own records. Several tiles within the application, including messages, test results, billing, medications, to-dos, and health summary lead to native Epic MyChart screens.
Apple Maps is a mapping service application developed by Apple Inc. for its iOS and OS X operating systems, as well for the Apple Watch. It allows turn-by-turn navigation by car or walking including re-routing, and night mode. For more information see https://www.apple.com/ios/maps.
Google Maps is a Web-based service that provides detailed information about geographical regions and sites around the world. In addition to conventional road maps, Google Maps offers aerial and satellite views of many places. For more information see https://www.google.com/maps.
Prove is a identity and verification service that allows users to register for an account without requiring a previously established patient-provider relationship with the Health System. Users can also opt-in to pre-fill their identity information for a faster registration experience. For more information see https://www.prove.com/.
Change, Update, & Remove Personal Information
You may change or update your personal information and/or personal health information at any time in your Profile.
You may remove previously provided personal and/or personal health information at any time by contacting us in writing using the address in our Contact Us link.
Users should be aware that it is not always technically possible to remove or delete the information you provide to us. We back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss, and that means a copy of your personal information may exist in a non-erasable form that may be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Nevertheless, upon receiving your request we will try to remove or delete all personal information and/or personal health information stored in the active databases that we use for research and daily business activities. We will not intentionally disclose any personal information stored in a non-erasable format after receiving your request for removal, except as required by law.
Our application offers you the ability to opt in to receive push notifications on your phone to inform you about certain events like when you are billed for services or when a test result becomes available. You do not have to opt in to receive these push notifications to use the application. If you do choose to opt in, push notifications may be visible on your mobile device screen even when the device is locked. It may be possible to prevent this by adjusting your device settings. If you choose to opt in to receive push notifications, you should carefully review your device settings to be sure it will display only what you want it to display.
Our Children’s Policy
We strive to comply with the Child Online Protection Act (COPA) and are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Although not designed for children, our application may feature information and services of interest to or for children under the Health System’s age limits. We require parental or legal guardian consent to collect personally identifiable information on any child under the Health System’s age limits in order to be in compliance with COPA, and will employ an age identification mechanism to prevent children under the Health System’s age limits from entering personally identifiable information on the application where personally identifiable information is collected. When consent is given and we collect personally identifiable information on children under the Health System’s age limits, we will not disclose this information to any third party. We may, however, use the information to create aggregate data that may be shared with third parties, but there is no way a child can be identified.
To obtain more information on a child’s use of this site, parents or guardians can contact us in writing or via email using the address in our Contact Us link.